SUBSCRIBE to This Old House: http://bit.ly/SubscribeThisOldHouse
Time: 1 day
Cost: Varies based on system size
Skill Level: Professional
PVC pipe cutter
12 gauge wiring
1. Before doing any electrical work, ensure the power is turned off at the breaker panel. Professional installation is recommended for this project.
2. Run four 12 gauge conductors from a 240V breaker at the main electrical panel to the location
3. Attach battery brackets to structure.
4. Run electrical conduit between each bracket.
5. Run four 12 gauge conductors between each bracket. Strip the ends of the conductors and insert them into the appropriate slot of the bracket.
6. Attach each battery to the wall mount bracket.
7. Plug the battery into the port on the bracket.
8. Restore power to the circuit.
About Ask This Old House TV:
Homeowners have a virtual truckload of questions for us on smaller projects, and we’re ready to answer. Ask This Old House solves the steady stream of home improvement problems faced by our viewers—and we make house calls! Ask This Old House features some familiar faces from This Old House, including Kevin O’Connor, general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, and landscape contractor Roger Cook.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
For more on This Old House and Ask This Old House, visit us at: http://bit.ly/ThisOldHouseWebsite
How to Install Home Solar Storage | Ask This Old House